2024 Corporate Membership applications and renewals are now available, with a substantial first-year discount being offered for new applications!
AIMS are offering a 25% discount for the first year for all new Corporate Members!
Admins of existing corporate members should also discuss their options with the Membership Coordinator if they haven't already done so.
Please read on for the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- IS AIMS CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP THE SAME AS AIMS SPONSORSHIP?
No, AIMS Corporate Membership is NOT the same as AIMS Sponsorship, and corporate companies may or may not be AIMS Sponsors as well.
- SO WHAT EXACTLY IS CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP?
'AIMS Corporate Membership' is a bulk-purchasing membership option that enables a company to purchase bulk membership seats on behalf of their employees, giving them the opportunity to join (or renew) their AIMS membership at no personal cost.
A 'Corporate Company' is a company that purchases the AIMS Corporate Membership for its employees.
A 'Corporate Admin' is a representative of the Corporate Company, who purchases multiple 'membership seats' on behalf of the company and receives a unique coupon code to communicate to eligible employees to join or renew at no personal expense. The Corporate Admin does NOT need to be an AIMS Member.
A 'Membership Seat' can include any new membership OR renewal of the following membership levels only;
- Full Member (Corporate), OR
- Affiliate Member (Corporate)
A 'Corporate Member' is a person who is (or becomes) a member of one of the above corporate plans using a valid code.
- I AM A CURRENT MEMBER, HOW DO I CHANGE OR RENEW AS A CORPORATE MEMBER?
Existing AIMS members (who are already Corporate Members) can renew their corporate membership using the new code supplied by AIMS to the Corporate Admin.
Existing AIMS members (who are not currently Corporate Members) will need to transfer/vary their standard membership over to a corporate level first (at no cost) and THEN RENEW as a corporate member using the code.
- WHAT IF I LEAVE THE CORPORATE COMPANY?
If you cease employment with the Corporate Company, your AIMS Corporate Membership is no longer valid - please vary your membership (at no cost) back to a standard membership ASAP.
- HOW MUCH IS CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP?
Pricing for 2024 is set at $200 per Membership Seat, less a first-year only discount of 25% (ex-gst) where applicable.
Packages are only available in blocks of 10 seats, with a minimum of 10 seats.
- HOW DOES MY COMPANY APPLY?
Any company admin can apply or enquire by submitting a CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP ENQUIRY FORM
- WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP?
Corporate membership provides benefits to the company, their employees and AIMS;
Corporate Company Benefits:
- acknowledgement as a "Corporate Company" on the AIMS website,
- demonstrate a commitment to the mine surveying industry,
- provide an additional benefit to employees,
- reduce administration eg processing expense claims,
- be seen as a good corporate citizen, and
- be recognised as supporting AIMS
Corporate Member / Employee Benefits:
- free membership to AIMS,
- enjoy all ongoing member benefits eg discounts to events,
- remove any financial obstacles to membership,
- enhance professional development and networking opportunities
- Potential increase in membership,
- Wider exposure and awareness of the association
- WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES AND/OR POTENTIAL RISKS?
Corporate membership involves responsibilities and some potential risks to the company, their employees and AIMS.
CORPORATE COMPANY / CORPORATE ADMIN
It is the Corporate Admin's responsibility (on behalf of the Corporate Company) to;
- pass on the unique code to all eligible employees and to encourage them to join or renew AIMS membership for free,
- take reasonable steps to ensure the code is not advertised publicly or passed on to non-employees,
- confirm the current employment status of any member application using the code when requested,
- accept that no credit for any unused codes will be available and the codes will not roll-over into the following year,
- accept that the upfront payment made may end up more or less than the equivalent individual membership pricing.
THE CORPORATE MEMBER
The employee of the Corporate Company must:
- register (or renew) as an individual member and agree to the terms and conditions,
- use a current and valid code in order to receive the discount,
- declare they are valid members and current employees of the Corporate Member, and
- vary their membership level back to standard membership if they leave the Corporate Company
- monitor and approve (or reject) all membership applications/renewals,
- take reasonable steps to validate the use of the discount code,
- communicate the use of the coupon code to the Corporate Company Admin on a regular basis for validation, or upon request, and
- accept that the upfront payment received may end up more or less than the equivalent individual membership pricing.