Membership in AIMS is subject to eligibility rules.
AIMS FULL MEMBER
A person is eligible to apply to be an AIMS Full Member if the person;
- has an Authorised Mine Surveyors Certificate (WA),
- is a Registered Mining Surveyor (NSW),
- is a Registered Surveyor with a Mining Endorsement (QLD) or
- holds a Certificate of Competence as a Mine Surveyor (NZ)
Supporting documentation must be submitted as part of the application and all applications are subject to approval by the AIMS Board.
AIMS AFFILIATE MEMBER
A person is eligible to apply to be an AIMS Affiliate Member if the person;
- is employed in the spatial information industry or employed in an industry that relates to and interacts with surveying; or
- is engaged in part-time study that would lead to a qualification which would entitle the person to Membership of the Institute; or
- is employed outside of Australia in the surveying industry, or
- is retired permanently from work within the surveying or spatial information industry
A person is NOT eligible to apply to be an AIMS Affiliate Member if that person is eligible for AIMS Full Membership.
AIMS STUDENT MEMBER
A person is eligible to apply to be an AIMS Student Member if the person is;
- studying as a full-time student in surveying, and/or
- engaged in full-time study that would lead to a qualification which would entitle the person to Membership of the Institute.
Note that students in full time employment (whilst studying part-time) do not qualify for student membership.
AIMS RETIRED MEMBER/HONORARY MEMBER/FELLOW
These membership levels are by invitation only and will need to be approved by the AIMS Board.
AIMS welcomes the international surveying community and invites them to become Affiliate Members.
Relevant documentation must be uploaded to complete an online application. Allowed file types are pdf, doc or docx.
Documentation required is as follows:
- New AIMS Members - a CV, proof of Registration and proof of Tertiary Qualifications.
- Returning AIMS Members - proof of previous membership eg your AIMS Certificate, payment receipt or other proof of past membership.
- AIMS Affiliate - a CV and (if applicable) proof of Tertiary Qualifications.
- AIMS Retired Member - a CV and (if applicable) a Certificate of Meritorious Service/Emeritus Surveyor.
- AIMS Student (and all Student renewals) - proof of full-time enrolment in the current year.
Full payment is required at the time of application.
We accept secure payments using the PayPal system which accepts all major credit cards.
Note: A PayPal account is not necessary to make your payment, but having one may make the payment process a little simpler.
PROCESS AFTER COMPLETING YOUR PAYMENT
Once your payment is processed you will immediately be given preliminary member status along with immediate member priveleges.
The AIMS Board will process your application promptly and you will be notified to confirm your membership or request further information if necessary.
Your invoice will be emailed as proof of payment and you will also be able to login as a member where you can and view your profile, membership status, history, download previous invoices etc