The Australian Institute of Mine Surveyors held its business planning on the 11th and 12th of March in 2017 in Sydney.
The AIMS strategic planning session is conducted every 2 years to review the organisation’s vision, mission, short and long term objectives and strategic direction. The aim is to develop an action plan that addresses the organisation’s goals and sets specific objectives.
The items below were discussed at length during the two-day workshop. These discussions resulted in the formulation of a working document that will drive the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Organisational SWOT analysis
- Actively promoting gender diversity in the field of mine surveying and raise the profile of the course and profession by actively working with schools, universities, business and other organisations
- Operating principals and reporting systems
- Company Constitution, Risk Factors and Regulatory Compliance
- Board skill metrics and succession planning
- Financial management and Budgeting
- Critical success factors on how AIMS can create the most value to its members
- Integrated marketing communication system
- Key stakeholder engagement including state surveyor’s boards, universities and other organisations
A copy of the strategic plan will be made available to all AIMS members on the AIMS website at www.minesurveyors.com.au soon.
22nd March 2017
AIMS media contact: Julia Reynolds