The September 2015 Report from BOSSI includes information on upcoming assessment, spatial information workshop, registration to the register and more.
BOSSI will be holding land and mining assessments on the following dates and locations:
- Mining Project Assessments – Resources & Energy Maitland – 2 September 2015
- Mining Legislation Examination – Land & Property Information Bathurst – 23 September 2015
- Land Surveying Assessments & Mining Orals – Land & Property Information Queens Square Sydney – 12-14 October 2015
Financially enrolled candidate surveyors would have received an invitation to sit the assessments by mail in July / August. If you haven’t received an invitation and would like to sit the assessments please contact the BOSSI office. Closing dates for assessments is as follows:
- Mining Project Assessments – 19 August 2015
- Mining Legislation Examination – 18 September 2015
- Mining Orals – 18 September 2015
- Land Surveying Assessments – 18 September 2015
Further Guidelines for Land Surveying Assessments are soon to be published and all candidate land surveyors and registered land surveyors will be notified when available.
To be able to sit assessments you must:
- Be enrolled with the Board as a Candidate
- Have satisfactorily completed a recognised qualification or equivalent
- Have obtained the required practical experience as indicated in the Board’s determination..
Supervising surveyors please pass these details onto your candidate surveyors and ensure your candidates are prepared if planning to undertake examinations in October.
Spatial Information Workshop
The Board will be holding a Spatial Information Workshop for candidates and their supervising surveyors at Novotel Parramatta on 26 September 2015. This workshop provides an overview of spatial information issues that are relevant to candidate surveyors as well as prepare them for a better understanding of issues that may be raised in the assessment process. The program for the day includes the following sessions:
- Introduction to Spatial information for Surveyors
- Introduction to Sourcing and Licencing Spatial information
- Introduction to Evaluating and Integrating Spatial Information in your Project
- Land Surveying Case Study
- Mining Surveying Case Study
Applications for the workshop close on 11 September 2015.
Other interested surveyors are welcome to attend.
Restoration to the Register
Surveyors who have been removed from the register and wish to be restored to the register need to submit the following information to the Board:
- Completed Application for restoration to the register of surveyors in NSW form (available on BOSSI website at www.bossi.nsw.gov.au
- Two passport size photographs if a new identification card is required
- Evidence of CPD compliance for the year removed or evidence of CPD undertaken prior to the application (acceptable evidence includes certificates issued by ratified organisations, attendance certificates and sign on sheets)
- Payment of restoration fee via cheque or money order (Restoration Fee is $385 for 2015/2016)
- Payment of annual roll fee via cheque or money order
Application will then be assessed and approved at next available Board meeting. Applicants may be required to attend an interview with a Board member depending upon length of time they have been off the register and the discovery of any outstanding issues from previous registration.
New Registered Surveyor Flyer
A new flyer for the general public has been produced by the Board to warn the public to ensure that their surveyor is registered if requiring their property boundaries to be surveyed. This flyer will be distributed to all local councils for distribution at their respective front desks or planning counters. If anyone would like further copies, please notify the BOSSI Office.
BOSSI Contact Details
The BOSSI Office can be contacted as below:
P: PO Box 143 BATHURST NSW 2795
T: (02) 6332 8238
F: (02) 6332 8240