Maptek sensing systems are extremely safe and easy to use, collecting mining or large civil project data and feeding results and reports to downstream consumers.
Preservation of Survey Infrastructure (POSI) applications will soon be directed to contact Survey Operations through the new DCS Spatial Services user-friendly Customer Hub.
In the mid 1970s, geologist Bob Johnson opened a small bureau service above a row of shops in suburban Sydney, NSW, to computerise coal seam drafting. That venture was the precursor to Maptek, which today develops, sells and supports innovative mining solutions to more than 20,000 users worldwide.
On 17 May, 2020, the LKAB Kiruna Mine in Sweden experienced a seismic event that resulted in significant fall of ground, deep within the site. The iron-ore mine was immediately closed and mine managers began determining how best to assess the damage.
According to Safe Work Australia, the mining industry has seen a 51% increase in the number of serious claims for disease and injury between 2000-01 and 2013-14. Proximity detection and collision awareness systems are the kind of safe guards that mine operators can implement to reduce accidents, keep track of machine movements and mitigate risk across the site.
AIMS has extended its support for the "A Life Without Limits" program into WA through the WAIS (Western Australian Institution of Surveyors).
- AIMS Presents at Otago University School of Surveying
- SMIC News - August 2019
- AIMS/RMIT Scholarship Awarded
- SMIC News - April 2019
- Latest Deswik module creates survey solids from scan data in no time
- SMIC News - March 2019
- BOSSI Statistical Review
- AIMS Invited to WHS (Mines) Regulations Workshops
- Compnet v3.1 Released
- AIMS Supports STEM Students at Moranbah QLD
- AAM Partners with Indigenous Wumara Group
- Trig Station Tribute to Peter Buffier
- SBQ Communique March 2018
- AIMS Scholar Jhobie Verdejo Graduates
- SMIC News - Nov 2017
- Satellite Based Augmentation System test-bed project
- Inaugural diversity scholarship recipient announced in support of women in mining
- SMIC News - August 2017
- Deswik Showcases Latest Functions & Developments
- Maptek geologist excited to share expertise in Australia