The Australian Institute of Mine Surveyors held its strategic planning sessions on 16th and 17th of March 2019.
AIMS committee members participated in a two day workshop in Brisbane. The session is conducted every 2 years to review AIMS’s vision, mission, short and long terms objectives, strategic direction and to develop an action plan that addresses goals and specifies objectives.
Along with the key objectives the following issues were discussed, resulting in the formulation of a document that will drive the plan.
- A number of specific goals for each key focus area,
- Set operating principles and reporting systems,
- Company Constitution, Risk Factors and Regulatory Compliance,
- Directors taking the time to educate themselves on Governance to help better manage the board and the organisation,
- Financial management and budgeting,
- Formulation of a marketing plan and budget,
- Critical success factors on how to add best value to its members,
- Key stakeholders management including various survey boards, universities and organisations
The focus for the next two years will be on ways that AIMS can improve the communication to it's members, raise the profile of the Mine Surveying field of study with various stakeholders such as industry groups, organisations, schools and universities and promoting gender diversity.
The plan will be made available on the AIMS website soon for members.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
AIMS Committee Members at the 2019 Strategic Planning Sessions
(Standing): Jo Jensen, James Sherritt, Ken Cross, Dan Ward, Alan Mellor, Shane Watson, Quentin Albertyn
(Front row): Chris Nixon, David Ericson, Chris Moy, Mario Fantin, Julia Reynolds, Mick Harris, Tinos Mutyiri