Google Skybox

More
3 years 4 months ago #64 by Justin Doherty
Justin Doherty created the topic: Google Skybox
Hi all,
Wondering if anyone has any information about Google Skybox. Interested to hear whether anyone has researched it for use in a mining environment and what costs/time/resolution they are providing now and whether the future development may provide solutions for mining - images, data and videos. In cost cutting environments we are finding ourselves in currently new technology like this may be able to give us more cost effective and detailed solutions compared to what currently exists. A few snippets I have read:

- It appears that Google Earth and sibling Google Maps have been mere dress rehearsals for Google as it enters a new era of total global coverage, with images that are not only updated several times a day but able to provide high-definition video.

- Google Skybox to have 24 satellites in the air updating global images three times a day

- This will become telling as image clarity is about to shift from 50cm down to 25cm, with a further push to take it down to 10cm.

Links:
- www.pcworld.com/article/2361880/google-p...-skybox-imaging.html

-

Cheers
JD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #65 by Ken Cross
Ken Cross replied the topic: Google Skybox
Justin,

If you want to contact me directly, I made some inquiries and obtained quotes from them a few weeks ago.

ken.cross@glencore.com.au

Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.